Wednesday, June 1, 2011

One big question mark.

I'm going through a rather difficult part of my life right now. In the midst of my exams, especially right before the most dreaded paper, I decided to worry about what I wanna do in uni. And in life. It sucks to not know what you're passionate about.

I've tried asking myself. Am I passionate in fashion? I don't know. Compared to others, those who are really into it, I definitely know a lot lesser. So this just goes to show how "passionate" I am.

Then I ask myself. Do I really wanna do Economics in university? Like I've been telling everyone since I was in high school?
HELL NO.
I don't know if it was my A-levels lecturer's fault or what, but it's definitely not my thing right now.

I've been telling people that I wanna work in a bank. And I aspired to be like my aunt, who earns big bucks, working at UBS. But then again, I ask myself; do I really wanna spend the rest of my life living under stress, looking at figures everyday, looking at black and white papers, talking about money, money, AND money?

No, I don't.

Some of my friends are taking up Accounting & Finance in uni, cuz it's the safest job, recession-proof. It's true. There are always jobs available for graduates of that course. They wouldn't have to worry about being jobless after graduation. Some say they'll earn the money first, then only do what they wanna do after that.

I don't know if I can handle that. I'm the type of person who just walks out if I'm sick of something. I don't do well with things that I don't really like. Accounting is mehhh, I don't find it boring but I don't find it interesting either. And again, it involves numbers. I just don't wanna take up a course that I'd despise, then end up skipping classes every chance I get. Cuz that was what I did with Econs.

These days I've been thinking of taking up journalism. Or like media & communications and creative writing. I like writing, although I may not be so good at it, and my vocab is very VERY limited. But hey, with practice I'm sure I can improve!

But will I be able to get a decent job? Will I be able to earn a lot of money? I know writing is supposed to be a passion but realistically, I NEED MONEY. And the investment banking side can give me lots of that.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment